The 2024 AFL Season Thread

The Hawks are building. Still a few things to iron out but we are headed in the right direction.

The midfield is really starting to hum. Some great new additions - Watson, Ginnivan, D'Ambrosio

And when the Hawks find their mojo, we all know what that means 🏆🏆🏆:D
Hopefully both our clubs can have a period where we both compete for flags simultaneously Memories of 1986 and 1987 etc.

I wonder do Pies fans regret letting Ginnivan go? Any thoughts if you're still around @Sinski?

Hopefully both our clubs can have a period where we both compete for flags simultaneously Memories of 1986 and 1987 etc.

I wonder do Pies fans regret letting Ginnivan go? Any thoughts if you're still around @Sinski?
Yep still around. Was never sure about it in the first place. Problem with him is he didn't do any of the pressure work and tackling etc. Also there has been mentions of poor attitude as well but that's only rumor but possibly why we were happy to see him leave. Although I like Schulz as a player, I think we paid way too much for him compared to what we got for Ginnivan.

For Sure!

I think he got on the wrong side of a few players. Didn't he post some pictures online of McStay, or something like that? McRae told him to pack his bags.

Had a cracker of a game last Saturday. He certainly gave it to the Pies faithful 😂

This season is nuts, the closest overall for a while. The top 4 probably won't be completely locked in until the final round.
Based on my predictor, I have
Sydney
Carlton
Brisbane
Freo

I'd hazard a guess that Sydney and Carlton would get through to the prelims, and none of the bottom half will go to Gabba/Optus and win. That being said, those two prelims will be barn stomers in their own right based on recent fixtures.

Carlton 65 Port Adelaide 79. Oh dear our form has been terrible for the last month, and we have two tough games against the Pies and Hawks coming up as well.

Lose those two and it looks like we've blown our top four chances. Was last years run in the finals a flash in the pan?

And that's that.
This decline in form has not been arrested and it will cost us the 4 this week, and potentially finals unless there are some serious plans put in place.
We're on the verge of bottling it big time. Lack of pace in the team is a serious issue, and we lack a second decent key position defender after Weitering.

I fear that crazy Vossy is starting to come to the fore as well! The ghosts and demons from the last twenty two years are not dying easily!

Carlton 65 Port Adelaide 79. Oh dear our form has been terrible for the last month, and we have two tough games against the Pies and Hawks coming up as well.

Lose those two and it looks like we've blown our top four chances. Was last years run in the finals a flash in the pan?
Be lucky to finish in the 8,let alone the 4.

The Hawks juggernaut continues.

So good to see the Essendopers fall out of the eight :celebrate:
That cheered me up no end mate!:lol: Carlton's list lacks depth when we lose a couple of our big guns to injury. Lack of pace in the team is an issue as well.

The top four is still there for us, but we need to lift things starting with the Pies next saturday! The Bombers may as well bring James Hird back as coach.

That will put the cherry on top of the cake, with regards to their self destruction as a club!:lol: Anyway your Hawks are looking very good right now, rebuilding doesn't seem to last very long at Hawthorn!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back