2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably but I'd rather Mcneil tell gueye to do one and take responsibility as one of the attacking players.

It was a real insight into what a gang of clueless bellends they are.

Compare that to Trippier last night who was absolutely terrific. Roaring at his teammates and the bench to make a sub because Longstaff was hurt and was losing his head. Pulling them away when not to be involved, time wasting, always barking out orders. I was made up end of first half when he looked like he'd have to go off. He's a fantastic player and captain.
Richarlison is 10x better than him and we are going down. Let’s face it he’s championship quality and too slow to be on the wing and he should be a bench player at best.

We are going down and we need to bin Dyche and the rest of the squad and start fresh. Get Bielsa in and players that can sprint and apply pressure.

Whilst I acknowledge that he was handed an almost impossible task, I still think he has demonstrated what many of us knew - he is a very poor manager.

It's like watching a Bobby Gould side, just emptying it downfield. He does all the things you would expect of him - aimless punts and crosses, no patterns of play, negative attitude, bad team selections where he favours bad senior pros over some young players who, while they might not be that good, at least have potential to get better and may give us a little spark.

Plays his Burnley mates. If Mina's fit, Mina should play. The defence has been diabolical since Keane came back in. I just can't believe that a manager can be SO tactically negative and yet have his side ship so many goals.

Plus, he is so smug and arrogant, without having anything about him to back it up. His standards are very low from managing Burnley. He's come into a club that have allowed their standards to become very low and helps to keep them that way. When he comes out with all these statements about us having really good players, I think he genuinely believes it, rather than trying to put a positive spin on things.

Another thing is that it was clear from his interviews that he didn't want us just bringing forwards in in January if they didn't have the right character. Fair enough long-term, but again it shows how poor his judgement is for not identifying just how much we need some. If ever a club just needed to get some forward players in it was us. Again, due to his chronically low standards, he probably believes that Maupay is a good player.

He is also, categorically NOT the man to lead us in the Championship.

Again, I am aware of how hard his job was coming in and I am not absolving the decision-makers at the club of their responsibility - this relegation is on them. It's just that Dyche really is as bad a manager as I thought he was and he also has that annoying Fat Sam trait of making out that there are stereotypes about him. No there aren't. That is how you play the game!!

Anyway, rant over. Feel better now 😆

Agreed

How he has Doucoure an Gana setup is astonishing.

Just can't get over playing Doucoure as a supporting striker. I've never known a footballer to lack composure as much as him and we've got him trying to connect midfield with attack.

And don't get me started on Gana. Way too advanced, taking pot shots and freekicks? Gana? Really.

That's on Dyche.

I just don't get what leaving Patterson out is achieving.

The in vogue thing in the league atm is to have 1 offensive full back and 1 defensive who tucks in to make a 3 when in possession. Have Patterson acting as a winger in possession and tuck Godfrey in as the 3rd defender on the left. More stable in possession while making the pitch wider.

Instead we have a flat rigid 4 with neither full back overlapping when the wide men cut inside. We are narrow and easy to defend.

This is entirely on dyche.

Hes not set up the defence or midfield effectively.

Add on the lack of any attacking strategy and you have to wonder what he and his team do all day...

What a joke we’ve become.

Brighton dropping 30m on a player today whilst we’re licking our wounds from being battered at home by willock, Murphy, Dan and Longstaff.

Our inept board still refusing to go

In his interview he mentioned that we dominated first half but Newcastle won because they are a team riding a crest of a wave at the moment and are bang in form. What was the excuse against Fulham then, who at the time were on a losing streak missing their star striker.

Personally I thought he would do better than he is, I thought we would still go down but as it is, it looks like he's going down with a whimper.
There was not an excuse, he just said we were crap, soft and mentally weak.

Knew what the charlatan was all about when he didnt say a word when we brought no one in the window. A manager with principles would have either not taken the job under those circumstances, or done what Bielsa did which was articulate a longer term vision based on us likely going down.

This guy is just waiting for the payoff, and was from day one of this fiasco.

Get out, we know you are only here for the payday anyway.

I agree that him keeping us up would’ve been miraculous but with the recent fixtures at palace and against Fulham he’s not even given ourselves a chance at it. The fact a team in the premier league can have no intention of playing any attacking patterns is criminal , he needs binning when we inevitably go down
Attacking patterns needs attacking players...

Status
Not open for further replies.