2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I proclaim him the next messiah? I simply stated that he'd improved from the age of 19, which he has and you've just acknowledged it. So why couldn't Kean improve?

I didn't say that you did proclaim him the next messiah. I said that people are. It's not all about you, Mike.

Kean can improve, again I haven't said that he's unable to improve, I just don't think that he will. Which, like I said, I'm happy to be proved wrong on.

Are you going to get laughed at if Kean doesn't come good, mate?

Wish I could be crap "learning a trade" whilst pocketing £20-30,000 a week

Well tough, you can't because you are not a promising young footballer (I assume...you might be for all I know).

Players need to get game time to improve, they improve at different rates (what with them being human and all different) if we just gave up 3 years ago then we wouldn't have our top scorer right now.

I didn't say that you did proclaim him the next messiah. I said that people are. It's not all about you, Mike.

Kean can improve, again I haven't said that he's unable to improve, I just don't think that he will. Which, like I said, I'm happy to be proved wrong on.

You were responding to me though and claiming I said something that I didn’t, so it kind of is about me in this instance isn’t it?

You can laugh at me if you want yeah that’s fine, I’ve done my fair share of laughing at you and will continue to do so.

Who?
I thought I was one of his major backers because when he wasn't scoring goals I said something akin to.... he's not that bad.... which was an apparently lynch-worthy comment.
Now he's scoring goals I have elevated it to, 'he's doing well'...
Would be interested in who's calling him Messiah as he makes me look like a proper hater :(

Honestly have no idea how you even navigate yourself into your own pants every morning

Who?
I thought I was one of his major backers because when he wasn't scoring goals I said something akin to.... he's not that bad.... which was an apparently lynch-worthy comment.
Now he's scoring goals I have elevated it to, 'he's doing well'...
Would be interested in who's calling him Messiah as he makes me look like a proper hater :(

No one is mate, he’s just a massive boring edgelord who tries to create debates that aren’t there by posting dead long paragraphs because he thinks it makes him look intellectually superior.

Well tough, you can't because you are not a promising young footballer (I assume...you might be for all I know).

Players need to get game time to improve, they improve at different rates (what with them being human and all different) if we just gave up 3 years ago then we wouldn't have our top scorer right now.

I agree however players also have purple patches (Zaki, Michu, Jelavic, Cisse, Ings if you listen to people on here) so lets see if he keeps up scoring otherwise alot of people are going to look VERY stupid on here gloating that they have always been right.

I've told folk to give it longer than 2 months before blowing their loads but they never listen.

I agree however players also have purple patches (Zaki, Michu, Jelavic, Cisse, Ings if you listen to people on here) so lets see if he keeps up scoring otherwise alot of people are going to look VERY stupid on here gloating that they have always been right.

I've told folk to give it longer than 2 months before blowing their loads but they never listen.

That’s rich coming from someone who absolutely buzzed off Haller scoring his first goal in 2 months the other day.

None of the players you listed were young when they had their purple patches though, its slightly different.

I don't see the point of people trying to gloat one way or another, just deal with whats in front of you, right now he is doing well.

What does your well placed source within the club think about DCL, his development and the club's appraisal of his performance this season?

None of the players you listed were young when they had their purple patches though, its slightly different.

I don't see the point of people trying to gloat one way or another, just deal with whats in front of you, right now he is doing well.

I wouldnt say its different - DCL was originally a midfielder and you can see that in how he lacks that natural instincts of a finisher like Lukaku or Yakubu etc.

Players mature at different ages - Drogba wasnt smashing teams at 23 whilst Rooney was a freak at 16.

In my experience only the druids gloat im not arsed if im right or wrong on a player or manager - circumstances/form changes all the time look at Siggurdsson this season to last.

Maybe you could have given him more than a few months before you wrote all this. Repent.

Squad player at best.

Ancelotti wont be fooled like Silva & Dunc have been.
Must have nudes of Silva when you have Juventus talisman sat on the bench over a bloke who cant score a goal
He's an absolute joker
Honestly would rather Tosun
Need to sell him next summer.

Offer cash + DCL for Wilson or King at Bournemouth- both much better back up than Bambi.
Dont get this attitude tbh- obviously he puts in effort because he knows he's bloody lucky to be playing for us!

If I was dating Jodie Marsh I would be grafting like hell every night to get a good whiff of those briefs
Lad could have Katie Price laying on his bed... legs spread apart... gagging for it... and still find a way to miss the target.
Amazing how some say DCL helps our attacking players/system.

Erm im pretty sure Richarlison, Gylfi and the like will cope with an actual goalscorer like Kean in the side over Mr athlete.
He's Silva's Naismith - limited player who gets game time because he runs around alot.

However it must be said DCL doesn't pick himself - you're making me hate Bambi Marco stop picking him ahead of an actual goalscorer.
Lads a joker but he doesnt pick himself - Silva hasn't the guts to drop him at present therefore we'll continue to struggle infront of goal.
Teachers pet.

"I'll run around for you Mr Silva sir"

"Pick me sir I'll run der channels for you"

Pathetic.
Not really - doesnt do anything more than players like Shane Long who I dont class as a "good player"
Wish we could harvest him for spare parts.
I know my football and a good striker he is not.

He's Shane Long with a worse goal tally.
Sounds a pretty wild character this unnamed chap :Blink:
Lads an absolute joke
He did nothing more than what players like Shane Long do last season mate.

Some of our fans go on like he was putting in Aguero esque performances last year which is false.
I cant believe its taken some people until the Villa game to see how sterile the lad is.

Just not good enough at this level.
No DCL and we score goals.

Whouda thunk it
Never hated an Everton player more since Naismith.

Should be running the channels for West Brom
Tbf I see your point and part of me feels guilt for hating Bambi - ultimately its Silva and Brands job to stop playing him/replace him with better quality but both appear to have been conned by the lad into thinking he's a good enough option up top.

You could argue he is guilty of misleading them when really he should be honest to them and himself in that he isnt good enough at this level - imo he should do the right thing and request either a loan move away or even a full transfer to a lower ranked team and let us grow and strengthen in his absence.
All this confidence of getting goals thing with DCL doesn't wash with me.

That excuse is when players are getting chances but are missing the target / wasting chances- this clown doesnt shoot or make runs/ movement to give himself even a sniff of a chance on goal
We are so smalltime of a club that he'll dine on that goal for the next dozen games.

1 goal in 13 appearances sorry not good enough.
Bloke not concerned that he hadnt scored a goal in 6 months.

That sums up everything about this club and its lack of ambition.

Imagine the striker of Man Utd or Spurs or Liverpool saying that or better yet the manager of those clubs still playing him every week.

The clubs a complete joke at the moment and this weenie is the punch line.
Great he scores against a Championship teams reserves and he'll be seen as the answer to our CF problems for another season
Thats exactly it - he's a championship level striker.

No shame in that - but he's another Dwight Gayle and Cameron Jerome its scandalous the club haven't realised that yet.
DCL thinks he's the answer to Roms missing goals...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollollollollollollollollollol
Lads absolutely useless.

Anyone who thinks Silva is a good manager just think he RATES the bloke.

Baffling.
Tbf its not his fault the board have failed to replace Rom in 3 years.

Crazy when you think of the money spent in those 3 seasons aswell.
Should be Kean not this dope.
Dominic Calvert Garbage.

Best keep him incase we go down the championship is his level.
Only an absolute tonker of a manager like Silva could rate this lad.
Lads absolute shabite.
They weren't even good goals - he literally scored two tap ins from defensive/keeping howlers.

It would have been harder not to score.

He runs around alot and thats it. No doubt those goals will earn him another 6-12 months at the club but we really should be looking for an improvement on him.
Wont last 5 seconds under a top manager like Carlo who wants goalscorers.

He'll be shipped out to WBA or the like to carry on his Shane Long impression.
DCL has no movement- if you're a team that just hopes to whip balls in the box all game like Burnley and finish 10th-13th every season he is fine but Ancelotti will want a more rounded player.

He'll want a CF who can make runs into the box, create space for themselves, bring the ball down and hold it up for support not just constant flick ons.

People underestimate just what Ancelotti will want to inprove with this team.

This side is a Silva team still - the likes of Digne, Richarlison, Sidibe, Mina and Pickford will be safe but every other position on the pitch will be strengthened in these next 12-18 months imo.

Ancelotti hasnt taken this job on to keep the likes of DCL and Siggurdsson in the side week in week out.
I agree we definitely need some creative midfielders - I think the likes of DCL, Delph and Sigurdsson will be out the starting 11 over these next few windows as for me the big man will want a midfielder capable of creating chances and a CF who can make the sort of runs to benefit from the chances made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back